Saturday, June 23, 2012

Collective June Haul/Review! (some swatches)

Hey guys! Oh my goodness. It's been so long since I had a blog post. If you follow me on twitter (which most of you do) you know I've been a little overwhelmed with my new job, the wedding, house stuff... just life in general, so I took a break from blogging.

I've collected a good amount of new makeup stuffs so far this month and I wanted to share it all in one big post! There aren't a lot of swatches because it's kind of blah outside and the photos aren't coming out well.




A more detailed look after the jump...


Since there are a lot of products I broke them down into groups.





FACE








I have a bunch of new things to try! I've been using them for several weeks now and feel like I can give an honest review!



Garnier Skin Renew BB cream in light/medium - I've been hearing about BB cream's for quite some time but I've been hesitant to try. I understand they're meant to give you a dew-like finish, but having oily skin, that wasn't something I wanted. But having an uneven skin tone, I wanted to see what kind of coverage/correction it could give me. So I gave in and bought the Garnier BB cream. Why Garnier? Because it's the cheapest one I could find. I. Love. This. Product. I use it almost everyday. At first I was kind of iffy about the coverage, but after using it for 2-3 weeks, I couldn't be happier. It has been *SO* freakishly hot in Pennsylvania the past few weeks. This gave me coverage AND stayed on. Even with my oily/sweaty skin. To combat the dewey look it gives me I use this next product.

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder-  I have this in 2 shades, beige and sand. I'm using beige because I am currently TAN. Well, tan for me (again, if you follow me on twitter, you know that I'm talking about). It gives me a nice, matte finish without being too heavy on my skin.

Revlon Photo Ready foundation - now this product I haven't really been able to test much because it has been so hot and I don't want my foundation to melt off at work. I've been on the hunt for my perfect wedding foundation. EVERYONE suggests either Revlon photo ready or MUFE HD foundation. I'm cheap. I didn't want to be shelling out close to $50 for a product I might not even like. A few weeks ago Rite-Aid had Revlon 40% off so I got the photo ready for like $8. Heck yes.

Revlon photo ready concealer - I got this at the same 40% sale. I love this! In my opinion it compares to the MAC concealer I have but I like this better. I'm not sure why to be honest.

Magic Lumi primer - I got a sample of this in the Target spring beauty bag. I like it and wanted to try more! I've used it a few times, I like it, but I still prefer the L'Oreal primer I've been using. It's name escapes me and I'm not in the mood to go find it.

Magic Lumi concealer - One of the bloggers I read talked this product up so much! About how amazing it is under the eyes. I agree, I won't use anything else under my eyes now.





Moving on... Cheeks!!





I never used to be one who used bronzer. I always felt like I looked dirty. After reading a bunch of blog posts about bronzers/countouring and watching tutorials, I decided to give it a go. I have 2 bronzing products and one highlighter. The bronzers actually came highly recommended by A LOT of people, which was surprising because I think I got both of them for less then $15.

NYC Smooth Skin bronzing powder in Sunny - I use this every time I do my face. I love it! I think it was only like $4 at Rite-Aid!

NYC Sun 'n' Bronze in Hamptons Radiance - I haven't used this much but it was highly suggested by a bunch of people. I'll play with it more later.

Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in Tiki - I use this as a highlighter, despite the fact that it's called a bronzer. I watched a video where she showed it was a dupe for LORAC's spotlight. (See that video here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkRDoxGu1XA ... she has a huge list of dupes!) ... I've been using this more than my MAC MSF.



On to  EYES :




Maybelline Mega Plush Volume mascara - this is the new "gel" mascara and I love it. I love all Maybelline mascaras, they're the only ones I will buy.

Maybelline One by One Volum'Express mascara - New. Never tried it. I'll let ya know later.

Broadway False Lashes - The ones in the picture are Flirty. THEY ONLY COST $1.50. A DOLLAR FREAKIN FIFTY. I wear these often.

Wet n Wild Mega Lash Clinical Serum - this serum cost $6.99 and I have noticed a difference in the length of my lashes. Dummy me didn't think to take a photo of my lashes before I started using it so I can't give you any reference.



and finally LIPS. with swatches

.


Revlon Kissable Balm Stains. These are everywhere. Everyone is talking about these! They are comparable to the Clinique Chubby Stick at a fraction of the cost! I picked up 3 shades. Honey, Rendezvous, and Sweetheart.


Honey

Sweetheart

Rendezvous.

 I'm sorry this post was so long! I hope you all enjoyed!


Talk to you later!

XoXo - Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment