Saturday, October 8, 2011

E.L.F. Haul and Swatches (pic heavy)

Welcome back, you lovely ladies!



About 2 weeks ago I got an urge to (surprise surprise) buy some new makeup. I first went to Ulta. I got a few things but I wasn't really in the mood to spend a small fortune. A few days later I was at Target and saw the E.L.F. section. I always forget about this company, and I'm not sure why. Their products are decent quality and are unbeatable when it comes to price. You'll only find a few items that cost more than $3, most products only cost $1. Anyway. While I was looking at Target I picked up a few things. I purchased 2 cream eyeliners from their studio line, an all over color stick, a studio line blush, an angled eyeliner brush and a concealer brush. 7 items. Less than $15. Like i said, unbeatable.

I played with those purchases for a couple of days and decided I needed to have more E.L.F. products in my life. I went on over to their website and started shopping. I purchased 8 shimmering facial whips, 3 glossy gloss, 1 nailpolish in Mint 3 tinted SPF 15 moisturizers, and their makeup clutch. The clutch I got for $2 for a special promotion they're having. All-in-all, 16 items. With shipping it came out to be around $30. I was pleased. I haven't had enough time to play with all of the items to do a review on them, so today I'm just posting swatches and maybe some initial thoughts on the products. ENJOY!

Cream Eyeliners - Black and Plum Purple
I *love* these. They glide on super easy. The purple is gorgeous for fall!






















All Over Color Stick - Golden Peach






















Glossy Gloss - Dragonfruit, Tangy Tangerine, Sweet Salmon
I personally prefer lip swatches for lipsticks/glosses/stains, but I'm finally getting over being sick and my lips are all chapped so I wasn't comfortable doing lip swatches.
























Complete Coverage Concealer - light
no swatches as it would blend directly into my skin.
























Blush - Fuscia Fusion
I tried this on, but it looked really dark on my pale skin. I think I might have just been too heavy handed with it though.

























Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 - Ivory, Light beige, Apricot Beige
I got 3 shades because my skin tone is...different. I have to usually mix different shades of face products to get my shade.


























Shimmering Facial Whips - Top row - Citrus, Lilac Petal, Camila, Persimmon Bottom row - Spotlight, Toasted, Golden Peach and Pink Lemonade
I was only able to swatch 5 of the 8 whips I purchased. 3 of them were not...whipped? They came out of their little tubes like water. No matter how much I tried to mix them up, it never thickened. Disappointing, but they were only $1 each, so it's not a big deal.

Swatch order - Golden Peach, Citrus, Pink lemonade,Camila, Persimmon
































I didn't take any pictures of the clutch. There are *alot* of things that would have to be swatched. I'll work on that for later, maybe.

Also, I left the nailpolish in my desk at work, so no swatches of that at the moment either. I'll do a small post on those items next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment