Friday, December 30, 2011

Won't you take me to.....Glossytown? Quick review and Swatches!

Hello beautiful ladies! I finally have time to sit down and do a little blogging. The holidays are always so crazy.


I hope everyone got what they asked Santa for! I was so spoiled, but I'm only here to share one of my gifts with you! My brother's girlfriend gifted me $25 Sephora gift card (the only one I got! What's up with that fam?). The day after Christmas I hopped on over to their website and starting searching around. Normally when I order online I go straight for palettes or eye shadows. I could not find anything I wanted to order, I was getting very frustrated. Then I saw it... the Benefit lip shine set "Ticket to Glossytown". Cute right?










So I placed my order on 12-26, it shipped on 12-28 and arrived today! I was super excited. I hadn't heard much (or anything before I Googled it.) about this set. The set was around $20..maybe $23. I can't find my receipt. Glossytown comes with 6 lip shines, at 0.1 FL oz each. Not too big, but still worth the money. Three of the shades have glitter in them, something I'm not fond of, but only one felt gritty so it wasn't too off putting.


L-R Nudie-tude, Life on the A-list, Foxy Lady, Spiked Punch, So Frisk Me, Kiss you



L-R Nudie-tude, Foxy Lady, So Frisk Me, Kiss you, Life on the A-List, Spiked Punch
Top L-R Spiked Punch, Life on the A-List, Kiss you .. Bottom L-R So Frisk me, Foxy Lady, Nudie-tude
I went a little out of my normal comfort zone and did on-the-lip swatches! The only one I am not uploading a lip swatch of is Life on the A-List. I took a few photos to try and get it to look nice, but by itself, it's not that great (it looked really gross.). I think it might be best if you use it for a nice gloss on top of lipstick.


Nudie-Tude : It's a light pink. This lipgloss has glitter in it. And it the only one that felt gritty to me. It's a great nude gloss (uhm. That's probably why NUDE is in the name?). 


Spiked Punch : it's an orangey pink gloss, a little bit of shimmer but nothing too noticeable. This is maybe my favorite one out of the set! 





Kiss you is a *beautiful* fuscia-esqe gloss. Minor shimmer, nothing overwhelming. 


Foxy Lady is a pretty pink gloss with glitter in it. Up close the glitter is noticeable, but from afar it's not. The glitter isn't gritty, which is the best part. I love this color!









And last, but not least, So Frisk Me :  this is a darker berry color. This would be good for a casual, evening look. It has glitter in it as well, but again not gritty.






Overall I think this set is great! I can see myself using all of these shades frequently, which makes them with the money. They would make an amazing stocking stuff (a bit late for that though I guess) or if you were looking to add some new glosses to your own collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment