Thursday, January 5, 2012

Haul time! Makeup, nailpolish and hair care! (swatches included!)

Hello beautiful ladies! Hope everyone is staying warm! Before Christmas I was pretty much on a no buy so I could afford to do Christmas gifts for everyone, so after Christmas I bought a bunch of stuff! I bought the Ticket to Glossytown set from Sephora that my last post was about, which I love. LOVELOVELOVE.

My post today is about my latest Wal-Mart/Target haul. All things I've collected over the past 2 weeks! I have several eyeshadows, blushes, a nailpolish, a new hair boosting spray and a straightener!


More details after the jump!




  I apologize in advance, it's been *really* dark and gloomy here so my swatches aren't that great. I'm playing around with lighting to figure it out!

My favorite purchase of the bunch is the Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo shadows! My Wal-Mart only had 4 shades. I keep looking for more but they haven't restocked yet. I purchased Tough as Taupe, Pomegranate Punk, Audacious Asphalt, and Edgy Emerald.




Top L-R Audacious Asphalt, Tough as Taupe.. Bottom L-R Pomegranate Punk, Edgy Emerald
Pomegranate Punk, Edgy Emerald, Audacious Asphalt, Tough as Taupe


I love all of these colors! They're amazing! They work well as cream eyeshadows on their own or as bases. I have a problem with creasing and these lasted almost 24 hours. I was amazed. I need more colors so I can just use them as a primer.



My other makeup purchase was the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush. I'd heard some not-so-great reviews about them, but I wanted to try them for myself anyway. Again, my Wal-Mart only had 4 shades. I was able to pick up Hot Tamales, Pink Plum, Peach Satin, and Orchid Hush.


Hot Tamale, Peach Satin, Pink Plum, Orchid Hush

Clockwise : Orchid Hush, Hot Tamale, Peach Satin, Pink Plum
Hot Tamale, Peach Satin, Pink Plum, Orchid Hush

Hot Tamale, Peach Satin, Pink Plum, Orchid Hush

I didn't think these were as bad as some of the reviews I've read. Obviously, some are more pigmented than others, but with a little bit of work, I got them all to apply well. My favorite being Peach Satin. I'm a sucker for peach blushes.




I've been hearing alot about the Essie luxeeffects polishes. I saw a ton of swatches and a ton of reviews and decided that I *HAD* to have Shine of the Times. I do NOT have a swatch for it, but you can look at how pretty it is in the bottle!








My last 2 purchases were hair products. I've been trying to grow my hair longer without losing any volume,   for my wedding in October. My attempts have been major piles of fail. I can have long, very thick and heavy wavy hair or short, extra voluminous hair. But not both. Until I started using the John Frieda root awakening, strength boosting leave in spray.





Initially I started using it to help prevent breakage (which I get a lot because for work I just throw my hair back into a tight pony tail.) but after using it for about a week and a half (also cutting 4" off of my length didn't hurt) I noticed my roots were softer and more voluminous! Hooray! Hopefully it continues to give me this type of help after my hair grows super long again.



My last product was a new hair straightener. I want to learn how to use a straightener to curl my hair. I've watched a bunch of YouTube tutorials and their curls always look so much nicer than ones done with a traditional curling iron, and I have no patience for clampless irons. I also didn't want to spend a ton of money on one in case I couldn't figure out how to get my desired effect.



So I bought this pink cutie. It's a Remington 1" ceramic flat iron. The price tag for it said $24.98 which, after tax, would end up meaning closer to $27-28. Imagine my surprise when I went to check out and it rang up for $4.74. I asked the cashier if that was correct. HELLO! An almost $30 straightener for less than $5? Yes please. My cheap self was elated. And it works really well. It gets really hot really fast (which I adore... I hate waiting 5+ minutes for things to heat up).... now if I could just figure out how to curl with it! Maybe I'll try it this weekend and do a post on how it turns out!


I hope everyone enjoyed my little haul! What purchases have you made lately that you loved and got a great deal on!?

No comments:

Post a Comment